Why would I change who I am just because a New Year begins, New Years Resolutions should be called New Day Resolutions.
“I could change who I am to see the change that I want or I can change how I think to change the way that I see things” – Denise K.
Yes, all about perspectives. Not many people like to hear this, admit it and a lot less accept it, but the changes begin when we change the way we think.
The way we think will therefore make an impact on the way we see things, and yes we can always control our thoughts because after all our thoughts are a reflection of what abides in our hearts.
Even when we you feel bound by fears, anxiety, depression and have being deceived or are deceitful; there’s always new hope and new ways to change the way you think in order to change the way you perceive life and feel.
There’s always hopes, and there’s more within you that needs to come out, so while I am not a fan of the “New Year New Me” (ole) saying, I firmly believe that whether is a New Year or a New Day we should use the opportunity it brings to realign our thoughts and redesign our tomorrow.
Every morning comes with a new blessing, every day is a new gift and every night is another fulfilled and accomplished mission. You got to wake up, you get to make new choices and you made it through another day… that should be the way we think and the way we see things.
I know that’s not the way we think all the time, and most definitely not the way we feel at all times.
We are humans and we are bound to make mistakes, to fall and to feel defeated, but also to learn from our mistakes and to rise again. We were never created to stay on the ground nor to accept our fall and continue to make mistakes.
People tend to give up on their “New Years Resolutions” because they fail to stick to it, causing them to fail for the rest of the year, they don’t realize that they are given a New Day every day of that New Year to make resolutions that will take them into the next New Year with new goals and a broader vision of their futures.
“Life is much more than following the crowd, life is knowing where you’re going” -Denise K.
• Make realistic and achievable goals: Don’t make goals that will never be accomplished and or that no one will ever be able to achieve (even if they had all the money in the world).
• Know who you are and what you are capable of: What do you want? How do you see yourself? What needs to change?
• If you can’t do it on your own: Learn to accept it and leave your ego aside, seek for help; there’s always a friend, a family member, a mentor, a Pastor, a spouse, a counselor etc. waiting for you to reach out.
• Remember that you are not unbreakable: You are human and are bound to fail, acceptance is key to plan ahead.
Whether you do it at the end of this year or at the end of everyday, practice gratefulness.
1. Sit down and count your blessings, think about (at least) 5 things that have been given to you (although you are and undeserving human). Humble yourself at all times!
2. Reflect of what you have and how important this is to you.
3. Leave your worries aside and rest in the peace that gratefulness will bring to your feet.
You can make a New Years Resolution or a New Day Resolution.
1. You’re awake, that’s a blessing… give thanks, think about what you want to be different today, involve those who are important to you or are part of your day (family, spouse, co-workers, church members etc.) and if there’s anything that they need to be aware of communicate these things to them, i.e. today I want to live at peace, today I want to market more, today I want us to reach out to the homeless and feed them, and so on.
2. Get ready for what each day will bring, remember that not everyone thinks the same way, not everyone is equally committed to self and to others in life, as you may be. Be okay with disappointment, but never be an expectant of it. The way we think will change the way we feel (don’t forget).
3. Embrace yourself, walk with a new attitude everyday, positive vibes, new grace, better spirits, rejoicing and spreading love and giving new opportunities. Emotions are contagious, you can change the way other people feel by transmitting to them the way you feel… isn’t that awesome? (that will requiere a full session to explain; and I shall use the abbreviation “lol” for that). Let’s use that in a positive way and be mindful of we are.
4. Stand in your ground and ONLY allow positive, goodness and greatness to enter into your personal aura.
5. Be always ready to kick some butt, think like a warrior, walk like a warrior, think like a victorious person walk in victory, think like a person of changes make change happen.
Go on and live be flawless and stay connected.
There’s more to come!
Happy New Years… Happy New Day… Happy New Thoughts!
Love always -Denise Kilby